We’ve all enjoyed cream cheese frosting on our favorite carrot cake & pumpkin bars, but have you ever tried chocolate cream cheese frosting? The tangy-ness of the cream cheese, mixed with chocolate, offers a fun and different chocolate frosting than the norm. The recipe is the perfect pair for any chocolate cake but I especially enjoyed it with this Sourdough Chocolate Cake.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Put all frosting ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip ingredients until the frosting is smooth, creamy, and there are no white streaks.
- Frost your cake after the cake has completely cooled. If you’d like, add toasted nuts, coconut, chopped candy, berries, sprinkles, or whatever you love to top of your cake!