Summers are very hot in good ol’ Gilbert, Arizona. Turning on the oven or stove to make a meal is not very desirable. My corn salad is perfect for a hot summer day or anytime you want a delicious, healthy meal.
My corn salad is so yummy! Although there are no added sweeteners, it has a sweetness to it that will continue to draw you in for more. If there happens to be any leftovers, you will find yourself looking forward to leftovers the next day for lunch.
This corn salad is delicious as a dipper for tortilla chips or on top of a bed of your favorite lettuce mix. Leftovers will store nicely in the fridge for several days. Costco carries my favorite organic frozen corn, but it is seasonal, so stock up and fill your freezer when it’s available!
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 4 cups corn (I recommend fresh-off-the-cob or frozen)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped in 1/2 or 1/3’s
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- zest of one lime
- juice of a lime, or approximately 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a serving bowl, combine the red onion, avocado, corn, and tomatoes.
- In a separate small bowl, make the dressing by combining the oil, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix well & then drizzle the oil over the corn mixture. Give the corn salad a few gentle tosses to make sure the dressing is well disturbed.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips, as a salad over a bed of lettuce, or eat it all by itself! Store leftovers in the fridge.