Nothing beats homemade granola! We are loving it on top of açaí bowls and we also enjoy a healthy-size scoop of granola on top of some plain, Greek yogurt with a few handfuls of fresh berries.
When I make a batch of granola, I usually times the recipe by 5 so my kids can enjoy it and I still have enough to fill two gallon-size ziplock bags for the freezer. It’s a little bit of an afternoon project, but so worth it!!
4 cups organic old-fashioned oats
1 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 cup flaked coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pink salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats with the almonds, pecans, coconut, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar.
- To the oat mixture, add the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Stir until the all the ingredients are well combined and there are no dry oats.
- Spoon the granola mixture onto a baking sheet until the mixtures goes about 1/2 way up the sides of the rims of the baking sheet.
- Bake at 300-degrees F for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container or ziplock bag. Granola will keep at room temperature for at least a month or in the freezer for a few months.